20 November 2017
Dear Parents and Carers
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL PARENTS
Over the past two terms, I have been liaising with Newcastle City Council Parking Officers and the Waratah Police looking at ways to alleviate the traffic issue at pick up time in Burke Street, (pick up is a problem as parents are breaking the road rules in an effort to collect their children). These issues will become of greater concern in 2018 with the pending building program. A suggestion has been put forward that might help resolve the problem;
Afternoon pick up from Burke Street will now be in ‘alphabetical order’
What does this mean?
1. Children will be divided into two groups with last names to be used to separate the groups.
A to K and L to Z
2. A to K will be dismissed at 3.15pm
3. L to Z will be dismissed at 3.25pm
4. We ask you to have your surname clearly displayed on the passenger sun visor so that teachers can easily identify your child/children and get them to your car quickly for both Royal and Burke streets.
5. If you wish to park your car and pick up your child/children from the gate, you can still do so in the normal manner. You may wish to park in Victoria Street or up further near to IGA.
6. As always, if you are running late, your child will be fully supervised and there is no urgency for you to get to the school gates at the exact time of pick-up.
The aim of this change is to better ensure the safety of your children, to hopefully stop the double-parking and potential accidents that might occur especially at the corner of Bridges Rd and Burke Street.
Please support this change and ensure that your children are safe. This change will be monitored for the rest of this year.
This new arrangement will commence as of Monday 27th November 2017.