Dear Students, Parents & Carers,
Week 10! Where has the term gone? I would like to thank all the parents/carers for your support, patience and understanding, as we have navigated through a very different term. The children also have my thanks and admiration for the flexibility and determination they have shown through this time. My thanks also go to the staff who have had to contend with many changes to the way our programs are delivered. They have worked tirelessly to ensure the children have been provided with interesting, relevant and purposeful learning activities.
Over the past few weeks we have been collecting food items for the St Vincent de Paul Winter Appeal, as well as having Pyjama Day last Friday. The generosity of our community, in a time when I know many families are struggling themselves, has been heart warming. I always feel so grateful to be a part of this beautiful community that lives our Mercy Values of respect, care & compassion, integrity and inclusivity. I wish the students, families and staff a safe and restful Winter break.
Reports and Interviews
A modified report has been developed by the Catholic Schools Office. These will be available on Monday 3 August after 4:30pm (Term 3 Week 3).
In Term 3, parents may also have an opportunity to meet with their child’s teacher to discuss their progress- depending on NSW Health and CSO guidelines, Parent Teacher Meetings may need to be done via Zoom or phone conferencing and this will be clarified early next term.
- Infant Personalised Planning Meetings (PP) – Week 3 (3-7 August). These are held for students that have additional needs and involve the classroom teacher, parents and Learning support teacher. Parents who have children who require a PP meeting will be notified via Compass on Friday 24 July after 5:00pm
- Primary Personalised Planning Meetings (PP) – Week 4 (10-14 August). These are held for students that have additional needs and involve the classroom teacher, parents and Learning support teacher. Parents who have children who
- Require a PP meeting will be notified via Compass Friday 24 July after 5:00pm
- Parent Teacher Meetings (PT) in Week 5 (17-21 August) – these are for all students. If your child has already had a PP meeting, there is no need for another PT meeting. PT meetings can be booked from Friday 24 July after 5:00pm
At this stage, distancing restrictions will continue for adults next term. Parents/carers you are asked to remember you cannot walk your child into school or pick up children from their verandah. Please let any grandparents, friends etc. who drop off or pick up know also. Entering the school is for essential reasons only, this may be meetings organised by the Principal, school counsellor or learning support teacher. Meetings to discuss general queries about how a child is doing, checking the lost property collection or buying second hand clothing is not considered essential. If you would like to purchase anything from lost property, please contact the office. Our procedures are in-line with CSO procedures and are in place to keep the staff and students safe.
Thank you to all the parents/carers, as afternoon dismissal particularly on Burke and Royal Streets has been much more organised and efficient. We have purchased another microphone for Royal St, so parents please ensure you have your surname clearly displayed on your windscreen. On Burke St next term, we will rotate the surnames as follows:
- M-L dismissed from 3:15pm
- A-L dismissed from 3:25pm
Good News Story
My good news story for this week is a very personal one for the St Therese’s community. I take pleasure in announcing that Mrs Bonnie Maier, 1 N, and her husband Sam are expecting their first child in early November. Bonnie will continue to teach throughout Term 3 and will be on leave from the beginning of Term 4. We wish Bonnie & Sam all the very best at this very exciting time.